If you're reading this, it means you are potentially looking at contributing to Webiny, which makes us super happy ♥️. We are always looking for new members wishing to contribute. The following sections highlights the main areas you can contribute to and how to do that.
🐞 Reporting Issues / Feature Requests
Issues and Feature requests should be reported to our GitHub repository.
Make sure your report contains:
- Short title
- Steps how to reproduce it - in case of an issue
- Webiny and App version in which the issue occurred
- What output did you expect and what output did you actually get
- Any additional comments, screenshots or code samples
Tip: If you are submitting a feature request, you need to sell it to us. Explain why we should build this feature, what problem does it solve and how other users ca benefit from it.
🔌 Pull Requests
- For now, we are accepting pull requests directly into
masterbranch. Later we might change that into
devbranch - but stick to master until then.
- If your pull request is fixing an issue:
- Reference that issue in your comment with
fix #xxx. #xxx is the issue number you are fixing.
- Be as detailed as possible in your description. We want to be effective in merging your request, but if we need to engage in back and forth conversation, we will all lose time.
- Provide a test case, live demo or something where we can see that this is really fixing the issue you referenced.
- If your pull request is for a new feature:
- We highly recommend that you first open a new issue for your feature request, or address and existing one. Without this step there is a risk of us maybe not merging your work and then it's all for nothing.
- The issue comments is the place where you should convince us that the feature is needed - once we accept it there, that's the point when you should start coding it.